Take your first step into becoming a fully certified PADI Open Water Diver today!
The PADI Open Water Course is the beginner course and introduces people to a whole new world underwater. On the course you learn basic theory of diving and build on your skills so that you become more comfortable on every dive. Your are taught by our experienced instructors that make you feel at ease and enjoy every minute.
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Course consists of three main sections:
The Theory: This consits of watching a DVD and completing some knowledge development reviews at the end of each chapter. The instructor goes through the theory with you and answers any questions you have about the course and diving in general.
The Pool Work: This consits of learning about the equipment you will use when diving and then practising skills in the pool that you need to learn to become certified.
The Open Water Dives: This consits of 4 dives, 1 on the first day; to 12m, the same on the second day and on the third day 2 dives to 18m. On the dives you complete the some of the skills that you learned in the pool.
Once all of this is completed there is a multiple choice exam that you need to complete, and lo and behold you are then a fully certified diver!
PrerequisitesTo enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must
- Be 10 years or older for the Junior course or 15 years or older for the standard course
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you'll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you'll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.Alternatively, you can choose to do your theory as an on-line elearning course from PADI. This is a convenient and easy way to get all of the theory done at your own pace. By doing this, you will save not only time (no need to use precious vacation time in the classroom) but you will be spending your course time with us where you belong - in the water!
The eLearning course is run by PADI, our certification agency, and the largest dive education organisation in the world. Some highlights:
- The course is run at your own pace - you can log in or out from anywhere - any time!
- The course covers all the theory and tests associated with the PADI Open Water course
- Once you arrive at Blue Marlin, you will then completed the confined water sessions and the four open water dives - no more tests, quizzes or knowledge reviews.
- You can complete all the water sessions in as little as 2 1/2 days - giving you more time to use the skills you have learned at our many dive sites